Stuffed Capsicum Veg recipes: Capsicum stuffed with boiled mashed potatoes, paneer and spices and fresh coriander – Stuffing a capsicum one is my favorite!
Ingredients For Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
- 4 Medium Sized Capsicum (Bell Pepper / Shimla Mirch)
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 200 gm Paneer
- 1 Carrot, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- ~1 Inch Piece of Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
Step By Step Instructions With Photos for Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan and add Cumin Seeds. Roast them till they start to splutter.
- Add grated ginger, garlic and green chillies to the mixture. Then add finely chopped onions and fry them till they are translucent.
- Then add Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder (Haldi) and Amchur (Dry Mango Powder). You can substitute Amchur with Chaat Masala.
- Add boiled potatoes to the mixture and mash them coarsely coating them in the masala.
- Add boiled vegetables of your choice to the mixture. I have used corn kernels, carrots and peas here. Also add crumbled or grated paneer to the mixture.
- Finally add some chopped coriander leaves to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients well and set the mixture aside.
- Cut the top part of the capsicum and remove all the seeds. You can also cut some part from the bottom so that the capsicum can stay on a flat surface. Fill the hollowed capsicum with the stuffing and press lightly.This way of stuffing works best if the bell peppers are small in size, since they can be served whole. If they are large you can slice them in half at this stage and then stuff both the halves separately.
- Sprinkle some grated paneer on top. Prepare a baking tray by lightly brushing it with oil. Also brush all the bell peppers with a little bit of oil. Bake at 200 C or 400 F till the capsicum is cooked and becomes soft.You can also roast the capsicum in a pan. However, that method takes more time and you will need to keep turning the capsicum to ensure that it is evenly cooked on all sides.
- Stuffed Capsicum is ready. Serve it hot along with any Indian Bread on the side of Dal