Vegetable Biryani: Vegetables Biryani is an easy preparation of basmati rice, healthy and green vegetables and awesome flavorful spices. The dish is also popular in Southwest Asia like Iraq and Pakistan. The specific spice combinations used to flavor the rice and the sauce vary based on the country of origin. You can find biryani made with anything from saffron to cumin seeds, cinnamon to coriander. The best use of Indian spices and beautifully decorated rice with dry nuts can really melt the mouth of everyone. Though the sauce is traditionally thick on its own, the high volume of rice in the final dish ultimately gives biryani a dry texture. The rice is plentiful enough to soak up the sauce, leaving bits of veggies, meat or fish embedded in richly flavored rice that I, for one, can eat forever. Vegetarian and craving for a good biryani? Try making this veg biryani at home
Ingredients for Quick & easy Vegetable Biryani
- 2 tsp oil or ghee
- 1 Onion, granted, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 2 cups chopped mixed vegetables (1/2 cup peas, diced carrot, diced potato)
- tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garam masala,
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-inch piece cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2-cup basmati rice-boiled
- coriander leaves
How to make tasty Vegetable Biryani:
Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 30 Min
- Heat oil/ Ghee in medium heat and add cumin seeds
- Add onion, garlic-ginger paste. Saute till brown & softened about 3 minutes.
- Now add cinnamon stick, cook until the spices are fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, and some water. Bring to a simmer, and cook until the water has evaporated about 5 minutes.
- Add all vegetables, stir-fry over low heat, now add black pepper, garam masala, and turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir well, then cover, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cook, covered for about 10 minutes and mix in the lemon juice.
- Leave over low heat, covered for 10 minutes or so and serve garnished with the coriander.
- First set the stove temperature on high heat and put the layered biryani pan over high heat for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Then lower down the heat to medium and cook on a medium heat for 2 mts.
- Then lower down the heat to the lowest possible setting and cook for 20 mts.