Veg Rice Ball awesome snacks recipes for kids Lunchbox:
The rice with potato balls delicious snacks are made with cooked\Boiled rice and potato and it’s easy to prepare. They make a quick Morning and evening snack with a crispy exterior and soft interior. This recipe is an easy way to use any leftover rice though freshly cooked rice can be used in the recipe.
- cooked rice – 2 cups
- Boiled Potato-2 Cups
- chickpea flour/besan-1/4 cup
- semolina-1 – 2 tbsp.
- cumin seeds- 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped green chilies to taste
- 2 tbsp finely minced cilantro
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1.5 to 2 cups oil to fry Balls
- Firstly mash well the cooked rice and potato in a bowl. now add all the other ingredients except oil now mashed all and mix well.
- Noe heat oil in kadai or Pan until its hot
- Pinch small portions out of the mixture and shape them into balls. Carefully slide the all balls into the hot oil as many as they can fit the pan without overcrowding. Fry them on medium flame until they turn golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain them on absorbent towels.
- Repeat this process with all the remaining balls.
- Serve them hot with green coriander chutney or sauce and masala tea as per your choice.