How to make Aloo Gobhi Recipes
Aloo Gobi (cauliflower & potatoes) is a popular veg Indian dish in which we have cooked this vegetable with tomato, onion, and different raw spices. The Resturant style Aloo Gobhi and dhabe wali Gobhi is very popular, actually, they use raw spices in aloo gobhi recipes, So here we make this recipe as dhaba type aloo gobhi.
Quick Method for Aloo Gobhi Recipes for 04 people:
• Total 02 cup vegetable oil
• 2 large onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
• 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves and roughly chopped
• 2 small green chili, chopped into small pieces (or one teaspoon chili powder)
• 2 medium cauliflower, leaves removed and cut evenly into eighths
• 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut.
• 4 (8 ounces) cans diced tomatoes
• 30 pieces of Cashews (Kaju) soaked in hot water for 20-30 min
• 3 tablespoon cream.
• 2 tablespoon deghi Mirch
• Some whole spices like Dalchini, Tej Patta, green cardamoms, cloves, Javitri
• fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• fresh garlic, chopped
• 1teaspoon cumin seed
• 2 teaspoons turmeric
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Firstly heat some water with salt for Gobhi and keep them immersed in the hot water for 15-20 mins. This is the get rid of the insects or worms.
- Then drain the gobhi and rinse once again with fresh water
- Drain and blend cashews a smooth paste with some water.
Make Aloo Gobhi Masala
- Heat oil in a pan and add whole spice or whole gram masala listed as above sauté till they become fragrant
- Now add chopped onions and sauté till become golden
- Now add Ginger-garlic paste sauté till the raw aroma of the garlic-ginger goes away.
- Now add chopped tomato and sauté till become soft and pulpy it takes approx 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the cashew paste and all the spices powder one by one.
- Sauté all masala till fat coming from the sides of the masala paste it will take 8-10 minutes.
- Keep stirring often so that the masala does not stick to the pan.
- Now add fry Cauliflower and the potatoes stir well, pour some water and salt
- If the gravy (sauce) thickness too much then just add a few tablespoons of water and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, add the Garam masala powder Crushed Kasuri methi and cream
- Simmer aloo gobhi curry for half a minute without the lid. And garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Cream or butter sprinkled and dotted with a pinch of garam masala.
- Serve restaurant style Aloo Gobhi with roti, naan or phulkas and jeera rice