Pahadi kaphal Sag
The Kumauni kaphal/Kafuli Saag made with fresh pahadi green vegetables/ spinach Fenugreek and flavors. Green vegetables are rich in Vitamin K and minerals. This vegetable mostly made for lunch with rice and it is awesome when we eat at morning with rice as most of the pahadi used to eat rice in the morning in winter seasons.
It will be awesome If we use black Jakhiya Tadka. Small, dark brown or black, this Jakhiya Seeds is also known as wild mustard or dog mustard. Jakhiya seeds are used for tempering almost all types of vegetables and curries in the Garhwal/pahadi region.
- Pahadi Spinach (पालक )-250 grams
- Onion chopped-1
- rice powder -1 tablespoon
- coriander seeds powder -1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder- 1 Tsp
- asafetida- 1 pinch
- Black Jakhiya seed- 1 teaspoon (a pahadi
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 5 garlic, cloves
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 2 green chilies
- Salt to taste
- First, wash the pahad spinach leaves and put green chilies in the cooker and cook until a whistle comes in a low flame. Do not put water with the leaves in the cooker at all. Now cook in the cooker, grind it after cooling the mixture.
- After grinding well, heat mustard oil in the Kadai/pan. Then Add jakhiya tadka
- Then add garlic ginger paste until it turns brown.
- Add Chopped onions, hing, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Once the spice is roasted.
- Now add paste to the powdered leaves and mix it properly.
- Now add water to boiling it. After that add roasted rice paste and mix it right. Finally, cover the embroidery for five to seven minutes after adding curd. If the mixture is used then you can add more water to it. Your dish is ready. Serve it with bread and rice.