How to make Rava Idli at home: Rava Idli Recipes: South Indian Recipes
Rava idli is a variation of the popular south Indian breakfast food, as you know idli made with Rava (semolina). An easy and quick breakfast recipe to digest and is full of nutrients.here’s a simple recipe for everybody.
Prep time: 30min – Cook: 25min – Ready in: 55 min
- 1 cup sooji or rava,(semolina)
- 1 pinch Eno Salt/ soda bicarbonate (whatever to be available in the kitchen)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 green chili, chopped fine
- 2 Boiled Potato
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- Plain yogurt (curd or dahi): 1 cup,
- Salt to taste
- Urad dal -1 Tsp
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 8 -10,
- Water 1/2 cup
Quick & Easy Method:
- Mix sooji, Curd, and salt. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Now prepared tadka, heat little oil in a frying pan with medium heat. Add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, and curry leaves. Then add boiled potato and green chillis saute for few seconds. Cool the slightly After adding rava batter to this mixture Add the soda bicarb/Eno to the batter just before steaming.
- Now add water slowly to this mixture (if required) to make a thick smooth batter.
- Grease idli plates with oil, transfer the batter to idli stand and steam them for 10-15 minutes.
Serve hot and yummy idlis with coconut chutney and sambhar!!!