Rava Idli Recipes: South Indian Recipes
- 1 cup rava (sooji)
- 1/2 cup sour curd
- 3 to 4 chopped green chillies
- Few chopped coriander leaves
- Few chopped curry leaves
- Few chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 3 to 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 packet of Eno
- Salt as required
- Heat a pan with a teaspoon of oil and mustard seeds. Let the seeds pop.
- Add chana dal and fry until it turns golden in colour.
- Add chillies and cashew nuts. Fry further.
- Add curry leaves and switch off the gas. Keep the mixture aside.
For rava idlis
- Heat a pan and add ghee.
- When the ghee is hot, add rava.
- Fry until the rava emits a nice aroma.
- Mix the tempering to the rava.
- Add curd. Mix well and ensure no lumps are formed.
- Add water and coriander and make a batter. The batter shouldn’t be too thick or thin.
- Add salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil.
- Fill the idli cooker with hot water.
- Add the Eno packet to the rava batter while stirring fast.
- Pour a ladleful of batter in each of the moulds.
- Place the moulds in the idli cooker. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Once done, switch off the gas and open the cooker.
- Check the idlis by piercing a toothpick in it. If the tooth pick comes out clean, the idlis are done.
- Remove them from the moulds. Serve hot, with coconut chutney.