Chawal Kheer : As rice payasam in South India, is a famous and most commonly prepared Indian sweet. This sweet is mainly made from full cream milk, rice and sugar along with other toppings to add more flavor. It is thick, creamy and rich in texture that leaves everyone asking for more.
- Full cream milk – 1 litre
- Soaked basmati rice – 1/4th small bowl
- Sugar – 7 tbsp
- Cardamom powder (elaichi powder) – 1 tsp
- Chopped almonds – 2 tsp
- Saffron dissolved in rose water – 5-6 strands in 1 tbsp of rose water
How to Make Chawal Kheer:
- Boil the rice and milk in a deep pan.
- Simmer over low flame, stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked and the milk becomes thick.
- When done add sugar, raisins and cardamoms.
- Stir till sugar gets dissolved properly.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds.
- Serve hot or chilled.