Bhatt Ki Churkani:
Bhatt Ki Churdkani is a traditional recipe of Kumaon region made from Bhatt ki dal, also can say Black beans having a rich aroma that lingers in the room for quite a long time, this finger-licking dish is one of the best things to eat during chilly winters. One of the very healthy dishes of the Uttarakhand. Having a high nutritive value. The dish contains all the essential vitamins, proteins and minerals so you can relish it anytime.
Bhatt Dal (Black Bean) – 1 cup
Onion-2 -finaaly chopped (optional)
Wheat flour – ¼ cup
Cumin seed – ½ Table Spoon
Asafoetida (Hing) – 2 pinch
Dried Red chilli – 2
Coriander powder – 1 Table Spoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ Table Spoon
Garam Masala – ½ Table Spoon
Salt – according to taste
Oil – 3 Table Spoon
- Firstly drained Bhatt Dal (Black Bean) fry in a 2 tablespoon oil until it starts crackling. Perform this process on a low gas flame.
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds & Asafoetida
- The add onions and cook until it gets light golden color.
- Add Wheat flour and saute it until it turns light brown and a nice roasted fragrance is emitted
- Now add all the spices along with salt and roast for the ½ minute. Add 4 cups of water and cook it on the low gas flame, stirring continuously. Once the gravy changes its color to slightly brown initially and then to greenish black, turn the gas off.
Bhatt ki churkani is ready to serve. Enjoy it with pahadi basmati or steamed rice.