Aloo tamatar ka Thechwani: A Uttrakahnd Veg curry recipes
Aloo Tamatar Thechwani /curry made from tomatoes and potato easy to prepare and is full of nutrition and taste. We have to make aloo, tamater sabji at home most of the day but this pahadi recipes is quite different from the simple aloo tamamter sabji. So Let’s start to make this tasty sabji.
- 250 gms Potatoes (Finally crushed “thechu”) in a Silpat
- Tomatoes – 100 grams
- Garlic – 4 to 5 crused
- Ginger – 2 cm piece ( crused)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Ghee or oil-3 tsp
- Coriander leaves – (chopped)
How To Prepare:
- Put the ghee or Oil in the frying pan on a medium flame, and allow it to get hot. Add cumin and fenugreek seeds in the hot oil when seeds start crackling add garlic and crushed ginger.
- Cook the
- Fry till the garlic and ginger turn slightly brownish, Add red chili and turmeric powders, chopped tomatoes, and cook all for a couple of minutes, till tomatoes become soft.
- Now add one teacup of water, add peeled and crushed potatoes and garam masala cook for about 10 minutes in moderate flame.
- Add 2-teacup or more water and salt to taste and cook on slow fire for another 10 minutes until potatoes get tender. Remove from fire and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice and chappati.