Aloo tamatar ka Thechiwani: A Uttrakahnd Veg curry recipes
Aloo Tamatar curry made from tomatoes and potato is very easy to prepare and is full of nutrition and taste. Preparing this dish is very easy and this dish can be prepared at times when you have less time for cooking. So Let’s start.
- Potatoes – 250 grams (Finally crussed “thechu”)
- Tomatoes – 100 grams
- Garlic – 4 to 5 crused
- Ginger – 2 cm piece ( crused)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Ghee or oil-1 tea cup
- Coriander leaves – (chopped)
How To Prepare:
- Put the ghee in the frying pan on a moderate flame, and allow it to get hot. Add cumin and fenugreek seeds in the hot oil when seeds start crackling add garlic and crushed ginger.
- Fry till the garlic and ginger turn slightly brownish, Add red chili and turmeric powders, chopped tomatoes, and fry for a couple of minutes, till tomatoes become soft.
- Add one teacup of water, add peeled and crushed potatoes and garam masala cook for about 10 minutes in moderate flame.
- Add 2-teacup or more water and salt to taste and cook on slow fire for another 10 minutes until potatoes get tender. Remove from fire and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice and chappati.